Geotrek can be translated online here: https://weblate.makina-corpus.net/
- Create an account
- Browse by project
- Browse by language
Create an account¶
Click on “Register”
Fill the register form
Validate your email
Fill the password
Then connect to weblate
Official documentation to create an account and manage your profile.
Browse by project¶
Go to “Project > Browse all projects”
Sélect the project you want to translate
Click on tab “Languages”
Choose the language to translate
Browse by language¶
- Go to “Languages > Browse all languages”
- Choose the language you want to translate
- Select the project to translate
And let’s go!
Weblate official documentation for translation.
Weblate shows all translation by language and by module. Errors and left to translate can be displayed easily.
Weblate can identify problematic translations as chains between projects, punctuation inconsistancy.
Other occurrences in all components allows to check consistency.
Each translation generate a permalink (picto ).
Release translations (only for github repository managers)¶
Weblate send new translations to translations branch in Github, dedicated to translations. When new translations chains are validated, manager has to send the manually to Github.
For each release, translations branch must be merged into master before building the release.
Send modifications to Github repository¶
- In component, click “Manage > Repository maintenance”
- Click “Commit” to save translation in local repository
- Click “Push” to send local commits to translations branch in Github repository
Add translations to next release¶
In Github, merge translations branch into master, and update changelog.
After releasing, in Weblate, rebase the branche :
- In the component, click “Manage > Repository maintenance”
- Click “Rebase” to rebase translations branch onto master